Despite the headlines, tech jobs will continue to grow in 2023 and beyond, presenting exciting opportunities for fresh graduates to embark on their tech careers. Landing the perfect tech job as a fresher in 2023 requires a combination of skill enhancement, strategic planning, and elevating your personal brand. Whether you are aiming to be a software engineer, DevOps specialist, data engineer, or analyst, here’s how you can land the perfect tech job in 2023 and beyond.
1. Create a Job Search Blueprint: To strategically identify and target roles and companies that align with your skill set. Research them thoroughly, match them to your career expectations, and apply.
2. Get Creative with Your Personal Brand: A strong personal brand will help you stand out from the crowd and make a positive first impression on potential employers. Showcase your skills to potential employers by creating an online portfolio, participate actively in online communities by sharing posts on industry-related topics on LinkedIn, and participate in online forums and discussion groups related to your field. This can help increase your visibility to potential employers.
3. Get Creative with Your Personal Brand: A strong personal brand will help you stand out from the crowd and make a positive first impression on potential employers. Showcase your skills to potential employers by creating an online portfolio, participate actively in online communities by sharing posts on industry-related topics on LinkedIn, and participate in online forums and discussion groups related to your field. This can help increase your visibility to potential employers.
Best job search sites to find jobs in 2023:
Recruiters receive hundreds of messages a day, follow up and remind them of your interest in a particular job or company. It’s important to reach out to potential recruiters with all the information about the type of jobs you are seeking. For example, instead of following up with a vague request like “Hey, are there any openings in (company X)?” Provide details for the recruiter to match you properly, like – “Hi, My name is (your name), and I am currently working as (your current role) at X organization. I’m really interested in applying for the (target job role) at (company X). I have found an opening for the same on the careers portal. I have 3 years of experience and have attached my resume below. I would appreciate a referral for this role.”
4. Be unique in your job search: Naukri, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Indeed are great job search websites but there are so many job seekers looking for jobs on these platforms. Utilizing a variety of resources, like career pages, job fairs and through networking may land you the perfect job.
5. Be prepared for the interview: Be well prepared for your interviews, research the target company and job, practice coding challenges and study common technical questions that can be asked during an interview.
6. Use technology to enhance your visibility: AI tools like ChatGPT can be a game changer in the job search journey if used effectively. It can help get information and intel about the job market, target company or jobs, quickly to help make a more informed career choice. It can be used to create stand out resumes, as an interview and assessment coach and even to answer all your questions about the job application process.
7. Amplify Your Skills: Skills, not schools is the new hiring mantra for top tech organizations today. Equip yourself with cutting-edge tech skills to get noticed by top recruiters/companies and future-proof your careers. Tap into online courses, coding bootcamps, and skill development programs like the TechXcelerator Boot Camp, by IITM Pravartak Technologies Foundation and Diamondpick – is designed to equip candidates with industry-ready skills in cutting-edge technologies like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Full Stack Development.
Top 5 in demand skills to boost your chances of getting hired in 2023:
To know the most sought-after tech skills that will get you hired in 2023 and beyond, read the article.
Landing the perfect tech job in 2023 is an exciting yet challenging journey. By focusing on strategic networking, effectively leveraging technology like Chat GPT and other tools in your job search, and focusing on skill development by enrolling in intensive programs for new grads like the TechXcelerator Boot Camp by IITM Pravartak Technologies Foundation and Diamondpick, you can position yourself for ultimate career success landing you the best jobs in 2023 and beyond. For more information on this program visit.